August 04, 2004

I'm sitting at a computer that is probably 15 years old. I am almost 21 years old. My sister is 25 years old. Her husband is 29. And Nan, dear Nan is 72. I'm at the hospital. I'm in Portland, my third trip down in three days. Because I love her. Because in 72 years she has touched so many people. She has made many smile. She is making me smile today. I think about this computer and how many people have emailed family and friends through it. I think about my sister, and how in her short 25 years she has made a lot of friends, enemies, been married, been seperated, been lonely, been loved. Her husband, Jeff, is the same way. Then lastly I think about me. I'm almost 21 but I feel like my life has been rich. Then I think about Nan. She is 50 years older than me. I'm excited. Even though she is slowly slipping away from us, she is teaching me a fantastic lesson. Live to love. Grab onto the things you hold dear. Give with your heart not your wallet, or your mind, or anything else. If you give with your heart it is then you will feel alive. I look at how many people stand around her bed, how many people love her. She is blessed. We are all losing her but more importantly we all had her. Therefore we are all blessed just as equally. So this is for Nan. Patricia Fowler. One of the greatest women I have ever met. I am happy to say she has been a part of my life. Even though she won't be around with us much longer, she will always be in our hearts. Live to love. Because when it boils down to it, when your last day comes, what else is really going to matter? Nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home