October 08, 2003

When I was younger I used to read for fun. Then I started having homework. Reading wasn't fun, who were teachers trying to kid? Reading was a task you only did just to pass. It was like pulling teeth, making people cry. Well, maybe that was just me. The summer of my 2nd grade year I entered the local library's summer reading program. I had to read 10 books during the summer. Who's stupid fucking idea was that? I have to admit, I did it. And I'm forever in debt to the library for making me. Reality check...I think all those summers ago when I read everyday of my life is the reason I have so few friends now. Maybe that's a stretch, but who really likes hanging out with someone who can name any Roald Dahl book in one note? That's what I thought. Well anyway to make a long story short, I'm now a junior in college. I bought two books about a month ago. You're thinking to yourself, she hasn't even opened them yet. WRONG! I've read both of them. And both have made me a better person. The last book I read was called Why Girls Are Weird. Shit. It was one of the best books I have ever read. Now, here I am, writting a journal. Exactly what the author told me not to do. This is the explanation of my madness and my journal named Why Girls Are Weird. Eat your heart out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home