May 08, 2006

Left lane closed ahead. Speed limit 45. Men in road. Windows open. Trees budding. Grass being mowed. Yardwork. Unless yardwork. Meaningless yardwork. Bees buzzing. Daffidols blooming. Pollen caking the cars. Pollen invading my nose. Nose bleeds. Packing of the jackets. Flip flops. BBQ's. Sunshine. Cleaning the kayak. Planting flowers. Cold nights. Warm days. The sound of a mower in the distance. Music blaring. Sunroof open.

It's SPRING!!!!!

Everything's happening. The world has suddenly come alive once again. Everyone is coming out of their shells, out of their homes, out of their safety and stepping foot on the spongy warm ground. This time of year is wonderful in many ways. My favorite is everyone's newfound sense of self. SPRING!!

Signs are all around me. The best one, school is nearing it's end. I like to picture school as some mythical character rearing its ugly head at me, laughing, and taunting me. This week in every school year is one of the hardest. Soon it will be done and I will stand tall and say, "Shit, I gave it my best shot!" Two exams left. One paper left. Then I can be alive. (after a few days of continous sleep:))

My skin has already begun soaking up the rays. I am the color of a sweet mahogany. My legs are bright white. I look as though the summer has taken it's toll already.

Outside there are boys, a circle of them, playing hacky sack. There are girls sitting around them hoping to be noticed, or catch a stray pass. There is laughter and music and ooohhh and aahhing. Yesterday the boys cut their hair outside so little patches of brown hair are floating through the air. The djembes are out, and he's there playing away. What a sweet sound.

Damn I love this time of year!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you sweet thing:) Come "home" soon, the steers miss their favorite queer. I miss you too

3:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow i didn't realize you could get a college degree in two weeks. hmm.. the sooner you can come "home" you should try it.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home