April 01, 2006

This week I have been swimming quite a bit. I am going Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11-1. I am trying really hard to get back into it but it's a slow process. I am swimming hard workouts for like 45 minutes then doing drill stuff for another 45. I am really more out of shape than I thought. Three times this week I have gone for a walk in the morning. I am doing part of the Airline, then all of parkway North, then coming home. It's only 2 miles but I keep a pretty good pace and I'm planning to up it in a couple weeks. Maybe I will start jogging soon? haha, most likely not:) Also, today I brought the bike out of hiding. I biked to the boat launch down the road, only a mile and a half. Going there was pretty easy, just hurt my ass a little bit. But the way home...holy shit. I couldn't even make it up the hills. Which are not big hills. So I realized I need to get my quads in better shape, and my lungs. Swimming really works my calfs, but not the quads. And I felt it today! So anyway I walked my bike up the hills, but I'm planning on working on it everyday. My goal for the next two weeks is just to make it that 3 mile loop without stopping. Sounds easy enough, but it's a good goal for me. Gabe just did a bike race 17.6 miles. Hahahahahaha. I would freakin' die:)
so the next two weeks I am going to swim 3 days a week, walk 2 miles everyday and get that biking taken care of! I'm pretty excited about the new activities. I am also going to use the racket that Gabe got me like 2 years ago for the first time and playing tennis with my friend Katie at some point. Hopefully the weather keeps up with me. It's been so beautiful so far!!
I have a nice tan going on right now. I got a great base in Austin and being in the sun so much this week has already made me pretty dark. Kayaking starts soon and that will help quite a bit!
Okay I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home