October 26, 2005

Well why not? Sure I'll post something today. It's raining, cold, bitter and crazy outside!! I'm tucked in my warm house. Already ventured into the world for classes..now I'm trying to recover my body from the internal chill!

My dreads are in the making! Well there isn't any form to them yet, but I'm starting them by the end of the week. Last time I did dreads I left my hair color black...they looked good but I was looking for a little more funk this time. I decided to bleach parts of my hair. Right now I kind of look like a zebra but I did a test dread and it looked pretty kick ass. So my hair is zebra like. Looks pretty neato right now, even without the dreads. I'm going to start sectioning off my hair today...it should take a couple days. Then the no washing takes effect...blah blah. Then the itching:) Oh the joys!

Things are going good. I'm doing a lot of volunteer work for Question 1. Vote NO! Maine Won't Discriminate. If you want more information about the Question just visit the website. www.mainewontdiscriminate.com It's a very important issue that needs everyone's consideration. Please, vote no on question 1!!!! And if you get a phone call from little ole me explaining it, be nice and listen. I had this woman last night say..."Why don't you find something more worthwhile to volunteer for, like, let's say, poor people." I couldn't believe it!! Bitch!

The campaign director calls me sunshine:) I love it!! haha

Went to rusted root on friday. HELLO!! I have seen a lot of shows in my day and I would have to say. That was one of the best, if not the best. I met up with a lot of my friends from all over the state. I traveled with 3 other people from Bangor. It was such a kick ass time. Everyone was dancing, feeling the music. They played pretty much all of When I Woke. Which I consider to be one of their best albums. The mood was upbeat and the crowd was crazy!! The beer was pretty great too:)

After the show my friend Amy and I ventured to Brian Boru's to have a few drinks with Matt. He is just as great as always. Looked good, seemed like everything was going well. He is heading to Las Vegas sometime this week. JEALOUS! After getting completely wasted at Boru's we headed back to Free Street to meet Rusted. They were having a few beers there after the show. We missed them:( It was such a bummer. But we decided to head back home. My little friend Jim had to drive because I was shitfaced. We stopped at LLBean so I could pick up my new winter jacket. Pretty sweet.

Overall, a great experience!

Had a run-in with Nick on Saturday night. It was interesting. It's amazing that after all this time, and after all that heartache we both caused each other, we embrace the time we get to spend with each other. It was awkward at first but then the normal form of communication came about. Sometimes I miss him. Sometimes I wish it had all worked out. But on the other hand I'm glad it didn't. I need more. I desire more for myself in life. More than he could have ever given me. All life's experiences have lead me to this point. And that includes the extreme heartache of loving Nick.

As the rain quietly drizzles, and the wind blows shaking the hell out of my windchime, I ponder things in my life. I've come to realize, this life is good. It has so much to offer, if you really just stop and think about it. I feel peaceful. I feel empowered. Take a little of my recent strength and use it in your own life. Do wonderful things!!! Also leave me a comment!! I want to see who is reading this. I don't care if you don't know what to say. Just say hello :) Make my day!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am pretty sure you know by now that I am a faithful reader of your blog. ;-) But, here I am, leaving a comment anyway...just to be my annoying self and say 'hey'. :P

Yay for dreads, and yay for VOTE NO ON 1!!! :-) I'm glad to hear you are volunteering...I have had plenty of opportunity to volunteer too, but time-wise I haven't been able to. :-(

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ALI I LOVE YOU! WE NEED to hang out. Im in chelsea now if i didnt tell you yet.. Call me.. Ill call you.. we need to chill kid.. we need to chill..

MARK

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home