May 26, 2005

I am in Philadelphia. I left Wednesday morning around 6:00am. My uncle and my Gram ended up meeting us in Manchester and were on our flight. The flight was uneventful. I got caught up on everything. It's funny how facts aren't really facts when you live so far away. They were very misunderstood. So for those of you who want to know what really happened, here we go.

My Aunt Anita was heading home from dropping my Uncle Jimmy and cousin Ashley off at the airport the day after her father's funeral. On the way home she was stopped for a redlight and got rearended by a dump truck. She was the first person at the redlight so no one else was hurt. The road was a steady decline to the light so the dump truck was going roughly 45 mph.

She did break her neck but by the time we got down her yesterday she was in surgery getting vertebrae 1-4 fused together. This will prevent any further damage. She won't be able to move her neck though. She is in the low 5% on being able to ever move again. But considering she was in that 5% last week for even surviving, that seems pretty good.

Luckily she seems to be comprhending everything that's going on. I said, "hey aunt anita, i love you!" and she opened her eyes and looked at me. Everytime one of the family member's said her name, she opened her eyes. That's a very good sign! Today she also tried to take a breath, and she swallowed. Right now she is on a venitalor, which is keeping her alive, so her trying to do that stuff herself is a huge step.

All I have to say is that's to everyone that sent her good vibes. It's amazing, and i never thought it would happen but she seems to be doing well. Anything could happen, she is still very critical but...the small signs is what is helping us move forward with hope.

She is a beautiful person...

Keep those thoughts coming people!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home